A diverse Voluntary and Community Sector that is valued, resourced and nurtured that fulfils its potential.
The Charity’s objects are restricted specifically, only for the public benefit:
1, To promote any charitable purposes, principally but not exclusively in the defined area of Bradford
District and Craven and the surrounding areas within West Yorkshire and Harrogate (hereinafter called the area of benefit) and, in particular support third sector organisations to enable them to pursue or contribute to any charitable purpose;
2, to promote, organise and facilitate co-operation and partnership working between Third Sector,
statutory and other relevant bodies in the achievement of the above purposes within the area of benefit. For the purposes of this article:
i, Third sector means Charities, Voluntary Organisation and Social Enterprises;
ii, Charities are organisations which are established for exclusively charitable purposes in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
iii, Voluntary Organisations and Social Enterprises are independent organisations, which are established for purposes that add value to the community as a whole or a significant section of the community, and which are not permitted by their constitution to make a profit for private distribution. Voluntary Organisations and Social Enterprises do not include local government or other statutory authorities.
How we carry out these Purposes:
The organisation works with local statutory bodies and other funders to secure grants and contracts, and
delivers these by partnering with local VCS organisations and community groups to deliver high quality
services for the citizens and communities of our area of benefit.
The organisation works with local statutory bodies, other funders, and local VCS organisations and
Community Groups to promote and encourage a thriving environment where the third sector can work
together to support each other, improve their systems and processes, participate effectively in local
partnership initiatives, and secure resources for a diverse and flourishing Voluntary and Community
Benefits of these Purposes:
The organisation’s purposes benefit:
• The local community and its residents as they will benefit from high quality services delivered by
strong, engaged and equipped local VCS organisations and Community Groups who are ideally placed to
know the best ways of delivering services within their communities.
• Local VCS organisations and Community Groups are able to access mutual support, have better
systems and process to better deliver their own charitable purposes, are able to play an active role and
ensure that the voices of their service users are heard in local partnership initiative, and are able to work
together to secure funding and other resources that they otherwise would not be able to access.
Aims and Objectives:
1. Securing funding and investment.
- Horizon-scanning for funding and investment opportunities.
- Proactively engaging with stakeholders for the purposes of:
- Identifying gaps and needs.
- Identifying opportunities and presenting VCS solutions.
- Responding to requests from commissioners and funders to provide high quality solutions through the VCS.
2. Commissioning VCS organisations to deliver high quality services.
- Collaboratively designing service solutions.
- Identifying appropriate Delivery Providers, and shaping the delivery model.
- Establishing and managing delivery agreements.
- Supporting, managing, monitoring and evaluating the performance of Delivery Providers.
- Embedding and managing strategic review processes to inform future commissioning.
3. Influencing the strategic environment to ensure effective cross-sector collaboration.
- Championing and positioning the VCS within the strategic environment.
- Identifying, promoting and ensuring consistent standards of good practice and quality across our Provider Community for the purposes of managing risk.
- Collaborating in the development of the systems and processes to ensure and effective and consistent commissioning environment.